Summer greetings to you and yours!
The “Summer Slumber Season” is upon us and so many folks are away enjoying much deserved vacations. But while most of our ministries and activities
are in recess, God is still “alive and well” and living in and through our
A big thank you to our ladies of Crystal Lake UMC for a well-planned, well attended and much enjoyed UMW Guest Day. Fifty-four ladies from nine congregations in our region enjoyed the fellowship and a stimulating audio-visual presentation on the “Green’s South African Roots”, prepared by Sandy.
I will be meeting with all our ministry program teams in July to reflect together on the first six months of 2017 and to seek God’s way ahead for the fall season and beyond. Please share any reflections on what we are or are not
doing. I would love to make a time to chat with you or to receive a signed note or email from you.
Please remember the highlights of our 2017 summer season:
- Children - I will ensure that every worship service at Forest City UMC will include lively and varied worship experiences for our children so that a whole family can worship together through the summer. God’s word challenges us to “...not give up the habit of meeting together as some are doing, but, instead to continue to encourage one another all the more.” (Hebrews 10:25)
- A commitment to faithful, regular worship together all through the summer which will be an encouragement to me, to our leadership, to each other, and to the people we are called to bless and serve. SEE YOU ON SUNDAY!
- Youth Worker – I am so excited to report that we have found an enthusiastic young lady to serve as our youth worker in the fall! Ashlea Jenkins is a drama and psychology student at Waldorf University. She has experience and passion for youth work and a love for youth. Ashlea is serving as a camp counsellor and VBS leader over the summer and will be joining our ministry team, part time, in August. She will be involved with children’s time in worship, Teen Church, Faith Village, and in the establishment of a high school youth group to extend and deepen our youth ministry.
This seven-week study series by Rick Warren will help us to explore what the Bible teaches about seven areas of our life which may need TRANSFORMATION. We will explore how God can TRANSFORM our SPIRITUAL health; our RELATIONAL health; our PHYSICAL health; our FINANCIAL health; our MENTAL health; our VOCATIONAL health; our EMOTIONAL health. We will have a unique opportunity to unite as a church and be TRANFORMED together…and the summer of 2017 will not be wasted!
- Summer Study Series – Our new series is entitled “TRANSFORMED.” Paul writes, “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind.” (Romans 12:12) Is there a part of your life that needs to be TRANSFORMED? What areas of our church’s life, ministry and witness may need to be TRANSFORMED? As United Methodists, we exist to “make disciples of Jesus Christ for the TRANFORMATION of the world!”
Please join us on the following dates and times:
TRANSFORMED will be a journey of eternal significance as we learn how a life with God will change us in each of the seven key areas of life.
- Sundays, June 18 – August 6 at 6:00pm
- Thursdays, June 22- August 3 at 10:00am.
Sundays, September 17 – November 26
- ALPHA – our major outreach goal for 2017. We will be offering this, the greatest evangelistic outreach strategy of the modern age, at Forest City and Crystal Lake in the fall. To prepare ourselves for this city-wide outreach, we will offer the following preparatory sessions:
- ALPHA Course Training Workshop for all volunteers needed to run an effective ALPHA Course: Thursday, August 10, 6:00pm
- ALPHA “Come and See Supper” – Thursday, August 24, 6:00pm
- ALPHA COURSE –
- Forest City: Thursday, September 7 – November 16
Please plan to join us as we continue to enter ever more fully the ABUNDANT LIFE Christ came to give us and to offer to the world. Be blessed to BE a blessing!
- Crystal Lake – To Be Announced.