I PRAY THAT God is protecting you from the flu, from the ice and from the cold that are all swirling around us as I write to you. I pray that God is blessing you, especially through the LENTEN program we have prepared for you!
I am thrilled, not only at the number of folk who are attending our three Lenten Study Series offered right now, but I am especially excited at the way God is using our “The Seven Greatest Words of Love” series to open our hearts in wonderful ways during the sessions!
Don’t forget it’s not too late to join us; on Wednesdays at 10 AM in Crystal Lake, on Thursdays at 10 AM in Forest city and on Sundays at 6PM in Forest City. “God is holy, sin is ugly, and salvation is costly, yet, out of love Jesus paid the price for me!”
Director of Family Ministries
We are excited to announce the appointment of a new part-time staff member at FCUMC. We have appointed Vicki Dehrkoop as our “Director of Family Ministries.”
It has become clear that, to establish a vibrant ministry to the youth of our church and community, we need to strengthen the base, which is our children, and to grow the ministry to our children we need to focus upon and include parents and families.
Vicki has been appointed to grow the life and vitality of our younger families in the church and to involve children and their parents in planning attractive, relevant ministries to our children and their families. This will involve Vicki in Faith Village, mid-week activities, VBS, and, in the new school year, taking over superintending our children’s Sunday School.
Natalie Hammer will continue to lead our Teen Church on Sunday mornings.
So please support Vicki and the Christian Education Team with your prayer, time, talent, and treasure as together we keep our baptismal vow to enable our children to “grow up in the knowledge and love of God.”
Please read on for details of our Holy Week and Easter services and for new ways you can serve in and through our church! Be blessed to be a blessing.
“I have heard my people cry… I will make their darkness bright. Who will bear my light to them?... Whom shall I send?”
“Here I am Lord. Is it I Lord? I have heard your calling in the night. I will go Lord, if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart.”
We sang these moving words during our life-changing Covenant Service recently. In what way and where is God calling me to serve?
I wish to sound God’s call by listing some of the existing ministries that need your involvement so that you may discern God’s will for you at this time. We need volunteers to serve in the following ministries:
- Projections Team - running our projection programs on Sunday mornings.
- Sunday School Teacher – to accentuate our planned growth.
- VBS Team – to prepare for and run our VBS program this summer.
- Mission Ministry Team – Choose, promote, and run short-term mission projects in our church such as the Share a Pair Shoe Drive, Ingathering, Blanket Sunday, Mitten Tree, etc. Currently we have two team members, but we need several more!
We are hoping to start the following ministries if and when we have sufficient volunteers:
- The Daniel Plan – A groundbreaking Christian healthy lifestyle program that will change your life, inside and out. The Daniel Plan start with a six-week group study series and continues with on-going support and accountability in community. Please let us know if you are interested in joining and/or helping lead this vital ministry in our church.
- Alpha – Many of us have been blessed by the Alpha outreach program. Please give us your name if you feel called to help hose, lead or run our Fall Alpha Course and receive all necessary training.